Call to Action
- Support the call for Post Conviction Relief. Speak up to prevent immigrant families from being torn apart by wrongful convictions, which includes plea deals for which they didn’t understand the immigration implications. Contact your state Senator and ask them to fight for PCR during final negotiations. Here is a one pager with with additional talking points.
- Support the Driver’s Licenses for All bill. It has passed the House and, if it passes the Senate, Governor Walz is ready to sign it into law and restore the right to drive for thousands of our immigrant neighbors. Contact your state Senator today and ask for them to support the legislation in Conference committee. especially if you live in any of these districts:
- Paul Anderson (Minnetonka)
- Jim Abeler (Anoka)
- Karin Housley (Stillwatre / Forest Lake)
- Eric Pratt (Shakopee)
- Jerry Ralph (St. Cloud)
- Jeremy Miller (Winona)
- Carla Nelson (Rochester)
- Roger Chamberlain (White Bear Lake)
- Dave Senjem (Rochester)
- Warren Limmer (Maple Grove)
- Rich Draheim (Northfield)
- Dan Hall (Burnsville)
- Attend the ICOM spring retreat this coming Saturday. This year’s event will be held from 9 am to 3 pm at Plymouth Congregational Church (1900 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis). All who wish to help ICOM grow and be more effective at standing with immigrant communities are welcome to join us. Register for the spring retreat here.
- Attend the Good Friday Walk for Justice on April 19 from 4 to 6 pm. Start at the Old Ft Snelling Memorial. More details about the Good Friday Walk on facebook here.
- Attend the next Sherburne County Vigil in Elk River on Wednesday, May 1 from 4 – 5 pm.
And, of course, join ICOM for our regular monthly Whipple Courthouse vigil / courtwatch every 2nd Tuesday of the month from 7:30 – 8:30 am and our regular ICOM team meetings on the third Thursday of every month from 6:30 to 8 pm at the Friend’s Meeting House (1725 Grand Ave, St Paul) or at Plymouth Congregational Church (1900 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis). Note that we will not be holding our regular member meeting in April due to Easter week celebrations.