Please join us Tuesday morning, Oct. 9th, at 7:30am for our vigil at the Whipple Federal Building.
The forecast calls for rain tomorrow but the deportation machine will not shut down for rain and neither will we. We will only cancel our vigil tomorrow if there is thunder and lightning in the area. Check the ICOM Facebook page for cancellation details.
Call to Action
- On Monday and Tuesday of next week, COPAL is supporting the Journey 4 Justice delegation and has three events to raise awareness about how TPS keeps families together and threat posed by the proposal to end TPS: On Monday, there is a press conference at 10am in the state capitol rotunda and that same night at 5pm there will be a “Know Your Rights” presentation at Cesar Chavez Academy in St. Paul. On Tuesday, there will be a “Building Solidarity Across Communities” event at 6pm at Woodland Hills Church in St. Paul. See their facebook page for more information.
- Led by Jewish Community Action, the Decriminalizing Communities Coalition is pushing Hennepin and Ramsey Counties to end their collaboration with ICE and reshape their criminal justice system into one that promotes true safety and wellness. They will be hosting candidate forums for Hennepin County Sheriff, Hennepin County Attorney, and for Ramsey County Sheriff to raise these issues. Visit the facebook links below for more information:
- Hennepin County Sheriff Town Hall (October 18 at 6:30 PM at Pillsbury Theatre)
- Hennepin County Attorney Forum (October 23 at 6:30 PM at North High School)
- Ramsey County Sheriff Town Hall (October 24 at 7 pm at Mount Zion Temple)
- On Wednesday, Oct 17, we invite you to an Action Vigil at the Sherburne County jail in Elk River at 5pm. ICE wants to expand jail beds there and the Elk River faith community is rising up and hopes to bring media attention to what is happening! Meet at the Union Congregational Church parking lot in Elk River at 4:30 to caravan to the jail. Let’s have a big turn-out in Elk River one week from tomorrow! Please look for further details on the ICOM Facebook page.
- The next ICOM monthly meeting will be held on Thursday, October 18th at 6:30pm at the Friend’s Meeting House located at 1725 Grand in St. Paul. Please join us as we discuss how to continue our work to resist unjust deportations and accompany those affected. Our next Whipple vigil, on November 13, will focus on veterans that are targeted for deportation despite having served our country. We would love your help in planning it.